At-home clear aligners can be one of the most affordable and convenient ways to straighten your teeth. But how do clear aligners work when you order them online? What else do you need to know? Straight My Teeth have all the details you need.
What are at-home clear aligners?
Clear aligners have become one of the most popular ways for people to straighten their teeth. Made from transparent plastic and moulded to fit your mouth perfectly, clear aligners put pressure on your teeth to gently move them into their desired position. Clear aligners are discreet and lifestyle-friendly – you’re not limited to the foods and drinks you can consume, unlike braces, and you can still brush your teeth normally.
Throughout the teeth straightening process, you will need to transition regularly to a new “tray” – which is the clear aligner device – because each tray is designed to shift your teeth to a certain point before the next aligner takes over.
You can access clear aligners in several ways. As aligners don’t need specialist orthodontic treatment, you can obtain them through your regular dentist. This will require ongoing dental appointments for the duration of your treatment, and many practices are only affiliated with one or two brands which means you may end up paying a lot more for your clear aligners.
The most convenient and affordable way to straighten your teeth with clear aligners is by ordering directly online. Straight My Teeth specialise in providing at-home clear aligners direct to consumers.
Straight My Teeth do have in-person 3D scan assessment options available via their Smile Clinic, but most customers choose to order an at-home impression kit. The instructions are straightforward to follow, and taking the actual impressions of your teeth is no different. You receive everything you need, right down to the mail label to send your impressions back. The Straight My Teeth team will then design your personal treatment plan.
Once you have placed your order, you’ll receive everything you need direct to your door. It’s an easy process that customers love – Ric from the Clothing Ric blog even calls (1) Straight My Teeth clear aligners the “best in town”.
Do at-home clear aligners work the same as those from the dentist?
The instructions for using your clear aligners are the same whether you get them from your dentist or order them yourself online. Most brands use the same kind of materials and technology.
Whichever option you choose, the entire treatment journey is mapped out at your initial assessment. This includes how long you will wear clear aligners for each day and how many sets of trays you need during your treatment.
As you do your clear aligner research, you will see that price is usually the only difference between the options – and it can be a dramatic one. According to the UK’s online (2) health portal Dentaly, the average cost for brand name clear aligners is £3500.
With Straight My Teeth, you could be smiling your way to the straight teeth you’ve always wanted from just £999. There are regular special offers and military discounts to help lower the cost further. You can even check out an actual consumer’s experience on (3) YouTube.
What are some of the dos and don’ts of at-home clear aligners?
All clear aligners instructions are easy to follow, but you have to wear your aligners every day for them to work. Because they’re removable, it really is on you to make sure you’re compliant. The key points you need to remember are:
- Follow the mantra Smile, Eat, Rinse & Repeat.
- Follow the instructions as prescribed, and your aligners will generally last the duration of your treatment without becoming damaged or discoloured.
- Unless you’ve specifically opted for a NightOnly option that lets you wear clear aligners for 8-10 continuous hours overnight, most patients are expected to wear their aligners for 20-22 hours a day, and this does make a difference to both your end result and the treatment duration.
- Always remove your aligners to eat and drink, ensuring that you still meet the 20-22 hour daily wear.
- Be mindful of things that seem innocent. It’s often those “little” things like that cup of coffee or cigarette that can cause the most discolouration to your clear aligners.
- You need to stick to your treatment plan for changing your trays. There’s no way to speed up the process by switching to the next set of aligners before recommended and wearing the old tray for too long can impact the effectiveness of your treatment.
- It’s important to thoroughly rinse your aligners to remove saliva, plaque, any food particles and prevent bacteria from multiplying. Also, make sure you brush and floss your teeth before popping your trays back in.
- Don’t become complacent with how you store your clear aligner trays. Leaving them out can expose them to bacteria and damage. Allow to air dry, then keep them in their case.
- If you have pets with a tendency to chew, make sure they can’t get their teeth into your aligners!
These points probably seem obvious, but it’s usually the little things that can have the biggest impact.
Are you ready to start your at-home clear aligners journey for straighter teeth? Complete the 30-second free assessment at Straight My Teeth now, and you could be just weeks away from commencing clear aligners treatment.
- Align Your Teeth With The Best Aligners In Town Available At Straight My TeethTM. (n.d.). ClothingRIC.Com. Retrieved October 23, 2021, from https://www.clothingric.com/blog/straight-my-teeth-review.html
- Clear Braces Guide: Information on Types & Costs in the UK. (2021, October 1). Dentaly.Org. Retrieved October 23, 2021, from https://www.dentaly.org/en/clear-braces/#How_much_do_clear_braces_cost_in_the_UK
- Ward, R. (2021, July 31). STRAIGHT MY TEETH – PART 2 [Video]. YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfh3ep9iKro&feature=youtu.be
Medically Reviewed by